Author Topic: CITY HUNTER [시티헌터](Lee Min Ho, Park Min Young, Lee Jun Hyeok)[Airing - SBS-2011]  (Read 30662 times)

Offline Freesia

• Hero
  • ♥ sunnies ♥ minsuners ♥
    • View Profile
City Hunter 시티헌터

http://i55.tinypic.com/25zmpw6.jpg

DETAILS

Title: 시티헌터 / City Hunter
Chinese Title: 城市猎人
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast Network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2011-May-25 to 2011-July-28
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Slot : Wednesday - Thursday at 21:55 pm (Korean Time
Screenwriter : Hwang Eun Kyung (Previous Work: Daemul/Big Fish, New Heart)
Producer : Jin Hyuk (Previous Work: Brilliant Legacy, Prosecutor Princess)

PLOT

‘City Hunter’ is an original script based on the world-famous novel by Japan’s Tsukasa Hojo. Since it became public that Korea would be the first remake of this story into a drama, ‘City Hunter’ has been receiving worldwide attention.

‘City Hunter’ has switched the setting from Tokyo 1980 to Seoul 2011, and according to the original story structure, the protagonist becomes a city hunter and his character develops while resolving gratifying cases.

Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) works at the Blue House’s National Communication Network Team and received his Ph.D at M.I.T. Kim Na Na (Park Min Young), a former judo athlete who works as a bodyguard for the President’s residence, the Blue House. Kim Na Na will eventually be involved in a love triangle with Lee Yoon Sung and prosecutor Lee Joon Hyuk (Kim Young Joo). The drama also marks Goo Ha Ra’s acting debut and she will play the role of the President’s daughter, Choi Da Hye.

CAST

Lee Min Ho as Lee Yun Seong
Park Min Young as Kim Na Na
Lee Jun Hyeok as Kim Yeong Ju
Hwang Sun Hee as Jin Soo Hee
Goo Ha Ra as Choi Da Hye
Chun Ho Jin
Kim Sang Joong
Lee Hyo Jung
Lee Kwang Soo

LEE MINHO as LEE YOON SEONG (이윤성)   

PARK MIN YEONG as KIM NA NA (김나나)   

LEE JOON HYUK as KIM YEONG JOO (김영주)   

HWANG SEON HEE as JIN SOO HEE (진수희)   

GOO HA RA as CHOI DA HYE (최다혜)   

Source: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/cityhunter/index.html

Production Credits

Original work: Manga by Tsukasa Hojo
Director: Jin Hyuk
Screenwriter: Hwang Eun Kyung, Choi Soo Jin (최수진)

Source : korea.com
http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/city-hunter/

City Hunter (シティーハンター ****ī Hantā?) is a hardboiled manga series written and illustrated by Tsukasa Hojo, published by Shueisha in the Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1985 to 1991. The manga was adapted into an animated television series by Sunrise Studios in 1987. The City Hunter franchise spans four animated television series, three television specials, two original video animations, an animated feature film and a live-action Hong Kong film starring Jackie Chan. In 2001, Tsukasa Hojo started the Angel Heart, a City Hunter spin-off.Contents [hide]

Plot
The series follows the exploits of Ryo Saeba, a "sweeper" or private detective who works to rid Tokyo of crime, and Kaori Makimura, a tomboyish girl who manages Ryo's business affairs. Their "City Hunter" business is an underground jack-of-all-trades operation, contacted by writing the letters "XYZ" on a blackboard at Shinjuku Station.

Characters

Ryo Saeba
The protagonist of City Hunter. He was brought up from infancy in a civil war-torn Central American village. As a result, he has little information regarding his true identity. After the war, Ryo made his way to the United States, before moving to Tokyo. In Japan, he forms "City Hunter" team with Kaori's brother, Hideyuki Makimura.

The most frequent running gag about Ryo's character is that he is quite lecherous. His clients are most exclusively pretty young ladies, and he gets his share of black eyes (and more) either from them or his assistant Kaori, who secretly loves him. He is known widely in the town as a "swinger," based on the fact that he is frequently seen looking for a "mokkori chance" with different women by locals.

Kaori Makimura
Ryo Saeba's partner. She is primarily responsible for getting clients, and other managerial tasks. She is in love with Ryo, but he apparently ignores her for the rest of the series, and his skirt-chasing rouses her ire more than once. Her favorite weapon is a bazooka (or a Hammer to punish Ryo after his womanizing escapades). A running gag is that she is frequently mistaken for a bishounen-looking man or a transsexual.

Hideyuki Makimura
Hideyuki was Ryo's partner before his death. His final request was for Ryo to take care of Kaori.

"Umibōzu"'
Umibōzu is another "sweeper". He and Ryo have a history dating back to the civil war in Central America. He goes by the professional name Falcon and his real name is Hayato Ijuin

Saeko Nogami
She is a Tokyo police detective who often uses the City Hunter team to do her job for her. Saeko is the daughter of the chief of police. She was once closely related to Kaori's brother, Hideyuki.

Reika Nogami
She is a younger sister of Saeko, and is introduced halfway through the manga, and appears sporadically thereafter. She runs the "RN Detective Agency" (RN being her initials), right next to Ryo's apartment.

Miki
An Ex-Mercenary female commando, she was raised as a orphan by Umibozu in the battlefield and falls in love with him. She runs a Coffee shop named "Cat's Eye" (homage to Tsukasa's previous manga) along with Umibozu. She is battle hardened and also is a master of hypnosis.

Professor/Doc
Ex-medic at the Mercenary camp that Ryo was stationed in during the Civil war, he is the source of much of Ryo's underground information. He's just as much of a pervert as Ryo is. Does not appear in the Anime.

Kazue Nattori
A former scientist who's unintended acquaintance with Ryo resulted in her falling in love with him. She eventually becomes an assistant to the Professor in his lab, hoping she will have the opportunity to win his heart.

Kasumi Asou
A member of a proud clan of noble Robin Hood-like thieves, she initially meets with Ryo early on in the manga before returning to him halfway through the manga. She eventually falls in love with Ryo and makes brief appearances thereafter as a part-time employee at Cat's Eye.

Mick Angel
A former partner of Ryo during his stay in the United States, he is an equal to Ryo in terms of both skills and his womanizing nature. Introduced 3/4th of the way throughout the manga, he plays a big role in major story arcs thereafter. Does not appear in the Anime.

credit: wikipedia

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:41:35 pm by Freesia »

‘’ I don’t  need anyone else ,
" I never leaned on anyone but me”
“ I always took pride standing on my own two feet ”
 “ Cause I’m Stronger  than anything “

" I’m Zevaa - [ The God Of War ] "

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Lee Minho to star in the Korean version of ‘City Hunter’!

Lee Minho has been selected to play a leading role in the upcoming drama, “City Hunter”. But as it turns out, the role he will be playing is that of a playboy!

On the 13th, his company revealed that Lee Minho would play the character of Lee Yung Jong in the drama “City Hunter” (Allkpop salah, yang bener Lee Minho berperan sebagai Kang Jin. Klo Lee Yung Jong itu penulis naskah drama ini). For the drama, he will tranform into a complete womanizer who doesn’t know what to do at the sight of a beautiful woman, yet secretly, he’s also a hero who saves citizens tired and hurt from harsh city life. In solving these cases, he himself slowly begins to heal his own emotional injuries, and understand more fully about love and family.

“City Hunter” is a drama that was based on a cartoon of the same name written by Tsukasa Hojo. Set in the latter half of the 1980s, the story takes place in Tokyo. The main character, Saeba Ryo, takes in cases upon requests from beautiful women and puzzles them out one by one. As the story developed, it gathered a great deal of popularity. However, it’s the first time in 13 years that the cartoon has been televised in movie or drama form.

According to a representative of the staff, “City Hunter” has received offers for dramatization from several world-class directors and famous actors, but because the original author wanted nothing but perfection in his dramatization, he had several demands, which caused many attempts at dramatization to fail.

It has been revealed that the casting of Lee Minho lay in his manly appeal, which complemented nicely with his refreshing energy, thereby successfully fulfilling the original author’s demands.

The Korean version of “City Hunter” will be set in the year 2011 at Seoul, instead of Tokyo in the 1980s. According to a representative of the SBS Drama Division, the drama will be aired on SBS next year.

credit: allkpop

Lee Min-ho cast in City Hunter (?) (!)

WHAT?! I won’t believe this until it’s on the air, but Lee Min-ho has reportedly been selected to headline a Korean drama adaptation of City Hunter, the popular 1980s manga and anime about a womanizing detective.

The lead character is Saeba Ryo, who runs the City Hunter business with his partner, Kaori Makimura, and is a bit of a perv. (He almost exclusively takes cases from pretty women.) He also fights crime with the help of his trusty partner (some might call her his Girl Friday [Swoon. -GF]), who secretly loves him.

I wrote about City Hunter back in 2008 when a Korean-Japanese production was being planned starring Jung Woo-sung. I’m going to guess that fell through. This version is slated for SBS and sounds like it might actually make it.

City Hunter was created by Hojo Tsukasa in 1985. There have been a few live-action adaptations attempted in the past, but none seemed to be that successful. According to one rep from the production company, the series has received numerous requests for drama adaptations, but those hadn’t come into fruition because they didn’t satisfy the creator’s requests. However, Hojo Tsuaka was reportedly satisfied with Lee Min-ho as the lead — no doubt thanks to his star-making role in last year’s uber-hit Boys Before Flowers.

The original was set against 1980s Tokyo; this version will take place in 2011 in Seoul. The Ryo character has been renamed “Kang Jin.”

OMFG. I may love this, or love to hate it. Either way, love.

cedit: dramabeans

Lee Minho to star in the Korean version of ‘City Hunter’!

Korean actor Lee Min-ho has been cast in an upcoming Korean small screen adaptation of the Japanese comic "City Hunter," according to the show's PR firm 3HW COM on Monday.

"City Hunter," originally a Japanese manga series by Tsukasa Hojo, is about a private detective named Ryo Saeba who works to get rid of crime in the city of Tokyo during the latter half of the 1980s.

3HW announced that Lee will be playing the role of Ryo Saeba in the Korean drama version which will be based in present time Seoul, making it the first time the comic will be turned into a drama.

"Many famous directors and actors requested to remake 'City Hunters' but the original author had various demands which halted any productions to be created," an official from the show explained. "However, the author was satisfied with Lee taking on the lead role for the Korean adaptation due to his appeal and energy."

The new drama is schedule to air in the first half of next year.

Lee, 23, first appeared in various TV and short dramas in 2006. He rose to stardom in Korea and throughout other Asian countries playing the role of Goo Jun-pyo in the Korean adaptation of "Boys Over Flowers" (KBS, 2009) alongside actress Ku Hye-sun and actor Kim Hyun-joong.

His last small screen role was in March in the hit MBC series "Personal Taste," in which he pretends to be a homosexual man, opposite Korean actress Son Ye-jin.

credit: 10asia via LI

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Lee Minho's City Hunter will be airing on May at SBS   

"Stop production or not airing the drama is a rumor, not the truth."   

Lee Minho will be back to the TV screen to meet the audience with his new drama City Hunter on May 2011 which will be broadcast via SBS TV Station.   

On the 28th of December, staff from SBS received interview from the media and revealed that, "City Hunter is going to do its first broadcast on the 25th of May next year. Stop shooting for the drama is just a rumor."   

City Hunter manga series illustrated by Tsukasa Hojo was a hit during the 20th century. When the news about Lee Minho is going to participate in this drama, it became a hot topic. The staff continued, "City Hunter originally planned to be aired during March 2011, because of some unforeseen circumstances such as problems on the original script, main actress and some casting issues, we decided to delay it. We took legal action against people who said that we stopped the production or not going to air the drama and constantly spreading rumors."   

"The scenarios and plot are currently under modification, selecting a good main actress is very important to the drama. The drama has a very good plot/story, the actors are very attractive, hence there is no reason for us to stop the production.", said by the staff and firmly denied the rumors.   

In order to understand and master the role and further analyze the characteristics of the character, the main actor of City Hunter, Lee Minho is currently receiving action training.   

Source of news: Nate/Sports Hankooki   

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee Min-ho’s City Hunter set for May broadcast      
by javabeans | December 29, 2010       

javabeans: So City Hunter has an airdate.      
girlfriday: Woot! Lee Min-ho to come back soon?      
javabeans: It’s weird how nobody else is cast yet.      
girlfriday: Maybe one Lee Min-ho is enough. No one else needed.      
javabeans: But who will he make out with then?      
girlfriday: Oh, right.      
javabeans: And if there were two, we wouldn’t have to fight over him. (Because I’m pretty sure I’d win.)      
girlfriday: That’s fine. While you’re distracted with Lee Min-ho, I’ll just move in on Lee Jung-jae then.      
javabeans: Oh, that’s LOW. My 13-year-old self will never forgive you. Ever. EVER! *sobs dramatically*      
girlfriday: I play dirty. Wait. That sounded wrong.      
javabeans: But so right? Or should we save the salty language for the cable shows?      
girlfriday: We’d better break out all the salty language, if Lee Min-ho is going to spend this drama being a …      
javabeans: Perv?      
girlfriday: Yup.      
javabeans: I can’t quite see him busting out all the action moves like Rain, though.      
girlfriday: No, not quite that badass.      
javabeans: Maybe he can be lazy pervy PI.      
girlfriday: It’d be even funnier if he were dainty pervy PI.      
javabeans: OMG. Like, Don’t mess my hair!      
girlfriday: Yes!      
javabeans: And, Do you know how much that shirt cost? It’s hand-stitched from Italy!      
girlfriday: Hahaha. It’d be awesome if he had a kickass girlfriday to pick up the slack.      
javabeans: I’m sure you mean girlfriday literally.      
girlfriday: Of course.      
javabeans: Grar, why didn’t I pick a screenname with symbolic implications?      
girlfriday: Maybe if you drank less coffee, you could’ve had enough brain cells left to do so.      
javabeans:      

girlfriday: meh~rong! ;p      
javabeans: Good news (I think?), the director is the PD of Prosecutor Princess and Brilliant Legacy.      
girlfriday: Oh, well besides hating the music in Prosecutor Princess, I like both dramas. So yay.      
javabeans: The drama airs on SBS in May, which is when Poseidon is set to go on. And I’m assuming, though not sure, that since they’re both premiering in May and Poseidon is on Mondays and Tuesdays, City Hunter’ll be a Wednesday-Thursday show.      
girlfriday: OMG hot men overload.      
javabeans: Which is the way I like it.      

Cre: Dramabeans      

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

“Poseidon” and “City Hunter” to air on SBS in 2011            
by Casper on December 28, 2010 at 8:41 pm             

(extracted)            

SBS officials have also revealed that Lee Minho’s comeback drama, “City Hunter”, will be delayed to a May broadcast instead of the original March schedule. No specific reasons were given for the delay.            

“City Hunter” is an adaptation of the popular Japanese manga of the same name.            

Source: Star News, Newsen via Nate            
Cre: +allkpop            

_______________________________________________________________________________            

版權問題解決,李民浩主演《城市獵人》明年5月播出            
Copyright issues solved, City Hunter starring Lee Minho will broadcast in May next year.   

一度因主演替換和版權等問題波折不斷的電視劇《城市獵人》,將於明年中在SBSTV播出.            
City Hunter faced problems such as changing of main actors and copyright issues and now it is confirmed that will be broadcast via SBS TV station next year.            

經紀公司方面29日表示, “雖然在後期製作過程中,曾傳出過製作中途廢止的流言,但李民浩主演的電視劇已確定會于明年5月25日首播”.            
On the 29th, the management revealed that,"Although there were rumors about stop production of drama during the post-production process, however the drama starring by Lee Minho is confirmed that will be first broadcast on the 25th of May next year."            

由日本漫畫家北條司的同名漫畫改編的這部電視劇,之前一直處在主演交涉,劇作家替換,版權問題等糾紛中,一度并不明晰這些問題是不是能夠得到妥善解決,這部電視劇是不是還能進行下去.2008年,在製作配給問題上跟男主角交涉完成后,差點因為原作家的反對而使該劇夭折.            
This drama is a remake from a Japanese manga by Tsukasa Hojo. Before this, they were having some casting problems, replacement of scriptwriter, copyright issues and other disputes. The production team doubt that whether the problems can be solved and did not know whether they can proceed with the production. In year 2008, after the negotiation between the production team and the main actor, the original author opposed their will and the drama almost discontinue with the production.            

總理這部電視劇的版權和製作配給問題的金義俊SSD代表說, “版權上沒有任何問題”, “與原作家的合約上,這些問題都得到了妥善處理”.此外,負責宣傳的3HW表示, “在日本擁有高人氣的李民浩出演此劇的消息很合原作家的心意”.            
The manager whom handle the copyright issue and production of the drama, Representative Kim Yi Joon SSD said, "There isn't any problem with the copyright.","The problems were solved properly with the contract between the original author and us." In addition, 3HW whom incharge for publicity revealed that,"Lee Minho has high popularity in Japan, his appearance in this drama suits the original author's will."            

時隔13年誕生的《城市獵人》,和原著不會有太大的出入,但也會引入其他的故事情節.SBS電視劇部門高層透露, “以原著為出發點,但在整體的結構和內容上應該會和原著有些許的出入”.            
After 13 years (the manga has been televised in movie or drama form), the drama City Hunter will not have big difference with the original plot, but new scenarios were added into the plot. The executive from SBS Drama said,"The original plot will be the starting point of the drama, however the overall structure and the plot of the drama will have slight discrepancy between the remake and the original plot."            

因要求的執筆走向與自己意願不合,最初對外公開的作家被替換,換成了現在的崔秀珍執筆劇本寫作.崔秀珍作家曾是2008年電視劇《我愛你》的共同作家之一.而《城市獵人》的導演則由曾執導《燦爛的遺產》《檢察官公主》等人氣劇的陳赫擔任.            
The scriptwriter has been changed to Choi Soo Jin, one of the co-scriptwriter of drama I Love You (2008). The PD of the drama will be Jin Hyuk, director of hot drama Prosecutor Princess and Shining Inheritance.            

然而SBS電視劇部首長稱, “演員還是作家,與原著相關的版權等問題,應該由外部製作公司負100%的責任的內容,在合約上並沒有明確記載”, “外駐製作公司的相關內容,在電視臺提案審查結束后,如果判斷為競爭力不足或者有問題存在的話,提案是可以被推翻的”.            
However, the head of SBS Drama department said that,"Issues between actor, author or copyright were 100% external production team's responsibility, the above were not stated in the contract."."The external production team has their own content, after they send in their proposal, if it is not competitive enough or there is a problem, their proposal can be rejected/overthrown."            

該劇的劇情設置如下,以2011年的首爾為舞臺大背景,正職CIA要員李民浩以專為受傷的城市人解決內心的痛苦的姿態出現,在此過程中,自己內心的傷口也慢慢得到治療.此外,還會涉及愛情,親情等方面進行探討.            
The plot of the drama as follows: it will be set in the year 2011 at Seoul, a full time CIA member starred by Lee Minho will be helping people who faced inner(emotional) pain, in the process, his own inner pain/wound will slowly been treated. Besides that, love, family and other topic will be discussed in the drama.            

以《貓眼三姐妹》《宇宙天使》等作品聞名國內的日本漫畫家北條司的這部《城市獵人》,是以1980年代後期的東京為背景,講述的是傷痛治療師得到了美少女的信任,逐一逐一的解決各種事件的故事,在國內也有著相當高的人氣.            
Tsukasa Hojo has other famous manga such as Cat's Eye and Cosmic Angel. His City Hunter was set in the latter half of the 1980s, the story takes place in Tokyo, the story is about the main actor takes in cases upon requests from beautiful women and puzzles them out one by one. It has high popularity in its own country.            

Source: innolife.com            

Finally, City Hunter has its air date :)   

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

“City Hunter” has put together the ‘2011 Super Hot Dream Team’   

A dream team has come together for SBS’s new Wednesday/Thursday drama, “City Hunter“.   

Screenwriter Hwang Eun Kyung, who wrote the script for the recent SBS drama, “Daemul“, will be joining “City Hunter”, which is scheduled to broadcast its first episode on May 25th.   

Screenwriter Hwang wrote up to the 6th episode of “Daemul”, leading to the early increase in viewer ratings. She has received much love from the public for her medical drama, “New Heart“, and her political drama, “Daemul”. However, she was disappointed with having to leave in the middle of “Daemul”, and she is determined to express herself freely and show the public her full writing skills.   

‘City Hunter’ is an original script based on the world-famous novel by Japan’s Tsukasa Hojo. Since it became public that Korea would be the first remake of this story into a drama, ‘City Hunter’ has been receiving worldwide attention.   

Producer Jin Hyuk from ‘Brilliant Legacy‘ and ‘Prosecutor Princess‘, actor Lee Minho, and writer Hwang have come together to create what has become known as the “2011 Super Hot Dream Team”.   

The publishing side of ‘City Hunter‘ confidently stated, “We have a lot of expectations for writer Hwang Eun Kyung, who has shown her talent through several previous projects. We believe that synergy will be demonstrated through the collaboration of producer Jin Hyuk, actor Lee Minho, and writer Hwang.”   

‘City Hunter’ has switched the setting from Tokyo 1980 to Seoul 2011, and according to the original story structure, the protagonist becomes a city hunter and his character develops while resolving gratifying cases.   

Translation credit: allkpop   
Source: Osen   

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Lee Minho will begin shooting “City Hunter” in March with Park Min Young?      

The scheduled SBS Wednesday/Thursday drama, “City Hunter“, will soon finish casting the characters and begin filming.      

allkpop has reported in the past that a dream team has been put together with actor Lee Minho in the leading role, Hwang Eun Kyung as the screenwriter, and the “Brilliant Legacy” and “Prosecuter Princess” producer, Jin Hyuk, in the mix as well.      

Meanwhile, it was revealed that actress Park Min Young is likely to be cast as the female lead. According to a drama representative on Ferbruary 17th, City Hunter will finalize Park Min Young as a cast member within a day or two and begin filming this March.      

An official stated on February 16th, “There will be a filming rehearsal at the beginning of March, and we are expecting to go into official productions around the middle of March.”      

“City Hunter” is scheduled to broadcast its first episode on May 25th.      

Source: Star News via Nate      

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

City Hunter confirms its scriptwriter            
by javabeans | February 16, 2011

Funny how this drama’s star (hot property Lee Min-ho) was cast first, then the director brought on, and lastly the writer: City Hunter has brought onboard scriptwriter Hwang Eun-kyung…who might inspire more confidence had she not been ejected from the Daemul production last year.            

Then again, perhaps Hwang wasn’t the sole problem there; Daemul had a long history of production trouble and her exit was followed by the PD’s departure as well. The episodes for which she was responsible (the first six) performed well in the ratings, kicking the series off to a strong start, but she did complain that she was frequently rewritten by the director, with whom she clashed about the direction in which to take the drama.            

Still, she does have a successful drama under her belt: 2008′s hit medical show New Heart. She’ll be working on this series with PD Jin Hyuk, the director behind Brilliant Legacy and Prosecutor Princess. And with the City Hunter, she’s got both an advantage and a liability in its fame and fanbase. The Japanese manga and anime were both hits back in the day, and the lead character known for his distinctive personality — a top private detective with decidedly lecherous proclivities.            

A source with the production company said, “We have high expectations of writer Hwang Eun-kyung, who has been recognized for her talent through various projects. We think that PD Jin Hyuk, actor Lee Min-ho, and writer Hwang Eun-kyung will have great synergy together.”            

City Hunter is set for a May 25 premiere on SBS. The countdown to seeing adorkable Lee Min-ho transform into a sleazy perv begins…            

Via OSEN            

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Park Min-yeong selected for female lead in "City Hunter" along with Lee Min-ho

Actress Park Min-yeong has been selected as the lead female actress in the drama "City Hunter".

She will be playing Kim Na-na, a former Judo athlete and current bodyguard in the Blue House in the drama "City Hunter" that is due to be first broadcast on the 25th of May.

Kim Na-na lost her parents in an accident and has survived by doing anything and everything she could to make a living. She then becomes a bodyguard in the Blue House and eventually falls in love with Lee Yoon-seong (Lee Min-ho) who is in the Blue House National Communications Team. Park Min-yeong is about to show herself in a sweaty blue Judo uniform and a neat and slick black suit.

The production for "City Hunter" conveyed, "It took some time to choose the cast and we were revolving around synchrony and acting skills. We decided with Park Min-yeong as our lead female because of her bright and healthy image and her acknowledgment from several dramas told us she was the one to play Kim Na-na".

Meanwhile, this will be the first time in four years since the drama in 2007 "I Am Sam" Park Min-yeong and Lee Min-ho will be getting together.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )
Translation : Hancinema

_____________________________________________-

ANOTHER NEWS

this news on dramabean:)

The news was hinted recently, and now it’s confirmed: Park Min-young will play the lead in the City Hunter adaptation starring Lee Min-ho.

Ehh, I wasn’t enthusiastic about the prospect of Park in the Kaori role before, but it seems the new adaptation will have a number of differences with the original, so there’s probably no point in hoping for faithfulness to the original. Park’s character is named Kim Nana, and is a Blue House (presidential residence) bodyguard.

After Nana loses her parents in a car accident, she supports herself through a number of diverse odd jobs, which includes a background in judo. After struggling, she ends up at the Blue House, where she meets a member of the international communications network team (and MIT grad), Lee Yoon-sung (Lee Min-ho), and they begin a bickering-filled courtship.

Well, they sure have cleaned up and gentrified the setting, haven’t they? What happened to Ryo being a lascivious womanizer? That was practically the heart of the franchise, along with the PI angle. It sounds a lot less like the original material and a lot more like Rivals (Strong Opponents) redux. Can they even call it City Hunter with that premise?

Oh well. I would’ve loved to see Im Joo-eun or Seo Hyo-rim in the Kaori-inspired role, but it doesn’t really matter anymore. City Hunter premieres on SBS on May 25.

Via OSEN, Joy News

Wondering if they changed the storyline?
I'm curious how it’ll turn out…....hoping for the best for LMH.  #smiley#

Park Min Young Casted as the Female Lead for “City Hunter”   

Actress Park Min Young was chosen as the female lead for the upcoming drama “City Hunter.”   

Park Min Young will appear in the upcoming SBS Wednesdays & Thursdays Drama “City Hunter” which will first air on May 25th. She will be playing a character named Kim Nana who once was a judo athlete and will become one of the bodyguards for the Blue House (Korea’s term for their own “White House”). She will be working alongside with Lee Min Ho who will be playing the male lead, Lee Yun Sung.   

Kim Nana lost her parents from a sudden car accident, and lived her life by taking many part time jobs earning only 880,000 won. She finally got accepted as one of the bodyguards for Blue House, and meets Lee Yun Sung, one of the members of the National Network Map Team who also has a Ph.D degree from MIT. They will be sharing some bickering moments and then later fall for each other.   

Park Min Young will be playing a character who was once a judo athlete, so she will be showing an athletic image by wearing the blue judo uniform, and a black suit to show off a bodyguard image.   

The publisher of “City Hunter” stated, “It took us a long time to decide on who the female lead should be. We’ve decided on Park Min Young to play the female lead, Kim Nana, because we saw her bright and healthy image through her various dramas as well as acknowledged her acting skills.”   

On the other hand, Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho both appeared in the 2007 drama “I Am Sam,” so it will be 4 years since they’ve worked in another drama together.   

Original Source: stoo.com   
Translated By: Solly @ Lee Min Ho’s World   

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Park Min-young becomes a bodyguard for “City Hunter”

Actress Park Min-young reunites with Lee Min-ho for the first time on-screen in four years. The former “I Am Sam” co-stars, will play lovers in SBS‘s newest drama that will debut in May. Presidential Bodyguard, Min-young, is supposed to fall head over heels in love with Dr. Min-ho (What Boys Over Flowers fan hasn’t fallen for him already?).

The drama is scheduled to premiere on May 25th. Will she join the Minoz’s before the summer?

Sources: Sports Today,Daum, and ilgankg , popseoul

Park Min-young takes up Lee Min-ho drama

Actress Park Min-young has been cast as the female lead of upcoming SBS TV series "City Hunter" opposite actor Lee Min-ho.

A press release by the show's producer SSD said Monday that Park, 24, will play the role of judo athlete-turned-bodyguard Kim Nana working at Korea's presidential office of Cheong Wa Dae.

She will fall in love with MIT doctorate degree holder Lee Yoon-sung (Lee Min-ho) who also works at Cheong Wa Dae.

This will not be Park's first time to work with Lee of "Boys Over Flowers" fame -- they both appeared in KBS TV series "I Am Sam" in 2007.

Producer Jin Hyuk of hit dramas "Brilliant Legacy" and "Princess Prosecutor" and writer Hwang Eun-kyung of "The President" will collaborate to create "City Hunter" set to premiere on May 25.

City Hunter is originally a Japanese manga series by Tsukasa Hojo starring a detective named Ryo Saeba and set in Tokyo during the latter half of the 1980s.

Park debuted through a commercial in 2005 and has also appeared in popular sitcom “High Kick (2006)” and several dramas including “Princess Ja Myung Go (2009)."

She saw her popularity soar after starring in "SungKyunKwan Scandal," also starring JYJ member Yuchun and actors Song Joong-ki and Yoo A-in, in which she played a girl disguised as a boy.

Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011022111305345835

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

[티브이데일리=최민지 기자] 탤런트 이준혁이  SBS TV 드라마 '시티헌터'에 캐스팅됐다.

이준혁은 검찰총장을 꿈꾸는 서울지검  특수부 검사 김영주 역을 맡았다. 김영주는 사명감과 책임감이 강하고  자기 관리가 칼 같은 일 중독자.

사랑을 믿지 않고 조건 좋은 여자를 만나 출세하려 하지만 과거 아버지와 얽힌 사고로 인해 인연을 맺게 된  청와대  경호원 김나나(박민영)에게 이끌리며 청와대  국가지도통신망팀의 이윤성(이민호)과  삼각관계를 이룬다.

제작사 측은 "싱크로율과 연기력을 위주로 신중하게 캐스팅했다"며 "다양한 드라마를 통해 연기력을 인정받고 말끔하고 댄디한 이미지에 호소력 짙은 눈빛이 돋보이는 이준혁이 김영주 역에 제격이라 판단해 결정하게 됐다"고 밝혔다.

http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1298335034133622002

Lee JoonHyuk joins City Hunter to create triangular relationship with Lee Minho and Park MinYoung

Lee JoonHyuk was chosen to act as Kim YoongSu in the drama. YoongSu is a prosecutor who works in the Seoul District Special Force Team. He dreams to become the chief of police, he has a very strong sense of responsibility and his self-management is very strong which leads him to become a workaholic.

YoongSu does not believe in love, he wish to have a relationship with a successful woman so that she will helps him in his career. However, his father intervened and he failed to maintain the relationship. Soon, he is attracted to Kim Nana (Park MinYoung) and develop a triangular relationship in between himself, Kim Nana and Lee YoonSung (Lee Minho).

The production team revealed that, "The reason for Lee JoonHyuk was chosen to take up the role is because we determined it based on the similarities to the character and the actor's acting skills. He participated in a variety of dramas before and his acting skills were recognized by the viewers. He has a clean and dandy image and he can be very infectious through his eyes. Thus, we chose Lee JoonHyuk as Kim YoongSu. "

Lee JoonHyuk has a gentle image and he formerly acted in The World That They Live In (KBS2, 2008) as Lee JoonGi, Three Brothers (KB2, 2009) as Kim YiSang and I am Legend (SBS, 2010) as Jang TaeHyun.

Translation credit: first_snow @ soompi
Source: SPN via Nate

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Lee Joon Hyuk joins City Hunter as the 2nd male lead

klo diperati'in mirip banget ama Eric Moon ya' [ohmy]

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

fanart^^

Cre: DC MinHo

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

Lee Min Ho aims to show off his swimming skills for ‘City Hunter’

Actor Lee Min Ho is presently training his body and mind with swimming lessons.

As SBS’s ‘City Hunter’ prepares to go into filming, Lee Min Ho has been taking swimming lessons every day since the end of last year at a hotel swimming pool in Kangnam. He’s shown a sophisticated and sensual side through his previous works, KBS’ ‘Boys over Flowers’ and MBC’s ‘Personal Preference’, but for his new drama, Lee Min Ho will strive to exhibit more of his masculine side through the character, ‘Lee Yoon Sung’ – a previous MIT professor and current Cheongwadae national communications agent.

An association of Lee Min Ho passed on, “While tackling brilliant action scenes that emphasize his long limbs, Lee Min Ho will also be showing off his swimming skills. He’s exercising regularly every day so that he could show a more natural appearance, rather than professional techniques.”

Because his breakthrough role in ‘Boys over Flowers’ was with a character who couldn’t swim, Lee Min Ho is determined to show off his swimming skills through this opportunity.

An associate of the drama raised anticipation by hinting, “We’re also planning a shot of Lee Min Ho’s muscular body in the swimming scenes as well.”

“City Hunter” will air its first episode on May 25th.

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

Lee Min-ho special swim training for "City Hunter"
Actor Lee Min-ho is training his mind and body with special swim training.

With the official shooting for the SBS drama "City Hunter" close to date, Lee Min-ho has been getting swimming lessons everyday starting from the end of last year in a hotel in Gangnam. If he was sophisticated sensitive in KBS2 "Boys over Flowers" and "Personal Taste", this time he is Lee Yoon-seong in the Blue House National Communications Team with a PhD, manly and full of strong charisma.

A spokesperson for Lee Min-ho conveyed, "He will show fancy action with his long limbs and also his swimming skills. To be more natural and not professional he is training everyday regularly".

Lee Min-ho had drowned in water a couple times in the drama "Boys over Flowers" that put him in stardom, but this time he has firmly decided he will show his true swimming skills. A spokesperson for the drama put out high expectations by saying, "We will expose a little bit of his firm body in a swimming pool scene".

Meanwhile, producer Jin Hyeok from the drama "Shining Inheritance", is also in charge of "City Hunter" and has finished casting Park Min-yeong as Lee Min-ho's counterpart.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110301n05559
Cre : Han cinema                                         

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

yang pen add City Hunter : Facebook

here's the link--> City Hunter Facebook

Offline Freesia

• Hero
    • View Profile

News Update from Upcoming City Hunter   

http://leeminho.net/bbs/redirect.php?tid=10682&goto=lastpost#lastpost   

Kim SangJoon is going to join 'City Hunter'. He is going to play the role, Lee JinPyo(?) and he will be the stepfather of YoonSung (Lee Minho).   

He is a bodyguard at the South Korean president's residence, the Blue House and he is a patriotic person which has a strong sense of justice. Because of an incident, he got betrayed and he does not believe human anymore and started his plan of revenge.   

Kim SangJoon is a former marine corps, thus he can do some high difficulty action moves because of his experience in the military. He is currently having some training to maintain his stamina for the drama because it has been 11 years that he did not do any action movies/dramas.   

'49 Days' is going to broadcast after 'Sign' and followed up by 'City Hunter' on May 25.   

(강선애 기자 sakang@mydaily.co.kr)   
Thanks first_snow @soompi for the translation :)